Conditions of Use
The Hirer acknowledges and agrees to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Full payment is required to secure your Online Booking. Special Deals only apply to Online Bookings. Alternatively call 1300 882 628 to pay a deposit of $800 to confirm your booking, payable within 7 days. The balance of payment is due 6 weeks prior to the booking
2. A Cash Security Bond of $2000 in CASH is payable on arrival (or direct debit by contacting Kia Marina on 08 85692400,7 days prior to arrival). This bond is doubled for all male or all female passengers. The bond is fully refundable (within 14 days after the end of hire), when the boat is returned on time, clean and in good condition. Any damage, cost of petrol, and any ice or wood or any other incidentals purchased will be taken out of the bond at cost.
3. Cancellations made within 7 days of booking arrival date incur a 100% cancellation fee. Cancellations made with more than 7 days notice incur an administration charge of 30% of total booking fee. We encourage our customers to purchase travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
4. Hire will commence at 3pm on the first day and the boat must be returned by 10am on the last day.
5. By Law, the number of people on board must not exceed twelve (12). Anyone driving the boat must be at least 21 years of age and hold a full and current driving or boat license. Houseboat must not be driven after dusk or before dawn. All Marine and Harbor regulations must be agreed and adhered to at all times. Houseboat must not travel further south than the Wellington Ferry.
6. Fuel tank will be full when you board. Based on your consumption, fuel used will be deducted from your bond.
7. Comprehensive instructions will be given in the handling of the craft, together with river map and DMH equipment.
8. The owner / management reserve the right to refuse any person the use of the houseboat.
9. Every endeavor will be made to have the boat, motors and accessories in good working order. However, should it be unavailable due to mechanical problems or unforeseen circumstances, full payment to the hirer will be refunded. The owner/agent will not be obligated to compensate the hirer for any loss of time due to mechanical problems during the hire period.
10. Any service calls, caused by hirers mishandling of the vessel will be charged at cost.
11. Firearms, axes, chainsaws, trail bikes, animals and candles are strictly prohibited.
12. NO SMOKING applies to the inside of the houseboat.
13. NO FUEL can be carried or decanted on the houseboat.